||US based management-consulting firm focusing on developing IT & Telecommunications in emerging market economies
|Customer's Requirement & Objectives
||Understanding the trends in mobile handset markets in emerging economies
||infoAnalytica provided answers to key questions viz.
Our team assisted on a comprehensive four-month long research study.
- Current 3G network penetration and growth trajectory in the
top 20 emerging markets
- Network expansion programs that could rapidly expand 3G
access in the handset near-term market
- Expected level of new handset sales due to the launch of 3G
- Expected level of used/refurbished handsets that are expected
to flood the market as a result of these new 3G handset
purchasers discarding their old handsets
- Anticipated level of demand for handset buyback programs
and the elements of these programs' success
Network expansion programs that are underway in the market
- Estimating the number of mom 'n pop (Kirana) shops in the
- Viable existing distribution networks on which to piggyback and how deep into the market could handset providers get by piggybacking on these existing distribution networks
- Extent of PC-to mobile convergence happening in Urban India, South Africa and Russia and other emerging markets
||The client was able to understand the current and expected status of the technology markets in the emerging economies. It helped in revealing many facts that the client was not aware of. Additional information that indirectly helped the client understand the market was also passed on.